Stone of Farewell Audiobook Streaming Online & Download Free
Stone of Farewell Audiobook is a fantasy novel by American writer Tad Williams. It’s the second volume in an epic fantasy trilogy filled with warfare, magic, and wonder – Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn – that launched one of the most important fantasy writers of our time.
In the sequel to The Dragonbone Chair, Williams continues the story of our hero, Simon Snowlock. Having bested the dragon using the sword Thorn, Simon is now at a crossroads in his life. He isn’t the scullion in Green Angel Tower, but he isn’t quite the hero. But he is still a mooncalf.
At times touching, at times amusing, but always rousingly epic – this is the audiobook to listen to if you’re into high fantasy. Highly recommended!
It is a time of darkness, dread, and ultimate testing for the realm of Osten Ard, for the wild magic and terrifying minions of the undead Sithi ruler, Ineluki the Storm King, are spreading their seemingly undefeatable evil across the kingdom.
With the very land blighted by the power of Ineluki’s wrath, the tattered remnants of a once-proud human army flee in search of a last sanctuary and rallying point – the Stone of Farewell, a place shrouded in mystery and ancient sorrow.
And even as Prince Josua seeks to rally his scattered forces, Simon and the surviving members of the League of the Scroll are desperately struggling to discover the truth behind an almost-forgotten legend, which will take them from the fallen citadels of humans to the secret heartland of the Sithi – where near-immortals must at last decide whether to ally with the race of men in a final war against those of their own blood.
About the Author
Tad Williams is an American fantasy and science fiction writer. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages.
He is the author of the multivolume Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series, Otherland series, and Shadowmarch series as well as the standalone audiobooks Tailchaser’s Song and The War of the Flowers.
Tad Williams has held more jobs than any sane person should admit to – singing in a band, selling shoes, managing a financial institution, throwing newspapers, and designing military manuals, to name just a few.
Stone of Farewell Audiobook mp3 returns us to the troubled realms of humans, Qanuc trolls, and Sithi, as the dark magic and terrifying minions of the undead Sithi ruler, Ineluki the Storm King, spread their seemingly undefeatable evil across the realm of Osten Ard.
Very good character development and variety of beings. The story told very very slowly with great detail – you may like or dislike this aspect. But overall, a good listen for those who enjoy living with a story for a while.
I also liked a lot the horror and darker elements that appeared in bigger numbers. The enemy is spreading like a plague and the world is turning fast to a menacing and dangerous place.
This is pretty standard fantasy fare and if you enjoy high fantasy, you are likely to enjoy the Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series. Breathing new life into this epic adventure and will leave you scrambling for the next book.
Again, Andrew Wincott does this amazing story justice with his powerful voice. The narrator has a great voice and his different voices and accents were just what was needed. He each character their own voice as well as accent even.
Listen & download free
You may love to listen to all stories in Tad Williams audiobooks collection:
- 1985 – Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook
- 1988 – Child of an Ancient City Audiobook
- 1988 – The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook
- 1990 – Stone of Farewell Audiobook
- 1993a – To Green Angel Tower Audiobook
- 1993b – Caliban’s Hour Audiobook
- 1996 – City of Golden Shadow Audiobook
- 1998 – River of Blue Fire Audiobook
- 1998 – The Burning Man Audiobook
- 1999 – Mountain of Black Glass Audiobook
- 2001 – Sea of Silver Light Audiobook
- 2002 – The War of the Flowers Audiobook
- 2003 – The Happiest Dead Boy in the World Audiobook
- 2003 – The Scent of Trumpets, the Voices of Smoke Audiobook
- 2004 – Shadowmarch Audiobook
- 2007 – Shadowplay Audiobook
- 2007 – The Stranger’s Hands Audiobook
- 2009 – A Stark and Wormy Knight Audiobook
- 2009 – Ants Audiobook
- 2009 – The Lamentably Comical Tragedy Audiobook
- 2009 – The Tenth Muse Audiobook
- 2010 – And Ministers of Grace Audiobook
- 2010a – Shadowrise Audiobook
- 2010b – Shadowheart Audiobook
- 2012 – Every Fuzzy Beast of the Earth, Every Pink Fowl of the Air Audiobook
- 2012 – The Dirty Streets of Heaven Audiobook
- 2013 – Happy Hour in Hell Audiobook
- 2013 – The Boy Detective of Oz: An Otherland Story Audiobook
- 2013 – The Old Scale Game Audiobook
- 2014 – Sleeping Late on Judgement Day Audiobook
- 2014 – Strong Medicine Audiobook
- 2014 – Three Lilies and Three Leopards Audiobook
- 2017 – The Heart of What Was Lost Audiobook
- 2017 – The Witchwood Crown Audiobook
The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams is now available in audible format, mp3 is more than 32 hours long, yet the narration by Andrew Wincott, is so enticing that you get hooked instantly, and keeps you up at night listening!
Narrated by: Andrew Wincott
Series: Memory, Sorrow & Thorn, Book 2
Length: 32 hrs and 29 mins
Categories: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Fantasy
Don’t waste your time, click here to listen and download Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: Stone of Farewell Audiobook free by Tad Williams right now: