Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook Streaming Online & Download Free
Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook is a fantasy audiobook by American writer Tad Williams. The story follows several feral cat communities, united in their beliefs and by their service to the Queen of Cats residing at Firsthome, the ancestral birthplace of Catkind.
More than 35 years ago, a young author surprised and enchanted audiences with his first novel – the story of Fritti Tailchaser, a courageous tomcat in a world of whiskery heroes and villains, of feline gods and strange, furless creatures called M’an. The legend was born.
An entertaining audiobook, especially if you are a lover of cats and Epic Fantasy, and would like to see the two mashed together. Highly recommended!
Meet Fritti Tailchaser, a ginger tomcat of rare courage and curiosity, a born survivor in a world of heroes and villains, of powerful feline gods and whiskery legends about those strange furless, erect creatures called M’an.
“The hour of Unfolding Dark had begun, and the rooftop where Tailchaser lay was smothered in shadow. He was deep in a dream of leaping and flying when he felt an unusual tingling in his whiskers. Fritti Tailchaser, hunter child of the Folk, came suddenly awake and sniffed the air. Ears pricked and whiskers flared straight, he sifted the evening breeze. Nothing unusual. Then what had awakened him? Pondering, he splayed his claws and began a spine-limbering stretch that finally ended at the tip of his reddish tail.”
Join Tailchaser on his magical quest to rescue his cat friend Hushpad on a quest that will take him all the way to cat hell and beyond.
About the Author
Tad Williams is an American fantasy and science fiction writer. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages.
He is the author of the multivolume Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series, Otherland series, and Shadowmarch series as well as the standalone audiobooks Tailchaser’s Song and The War of the Flowers.
Tad Williams has held more jobs than any sane person should admit to – singing in a band, selling shoes, managing a financial institution, throwing newspapers, and designing military manuals, to name just a few.
I fell in love with this world for both the action sequences and the interludes of cat world mythology and history, which are very detailed and add density to a story. It also feeds into my imagination, that all animals have their own little worlds of adventure going on all around us.
Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook mp3 has more world-building and mythology than a book about talking cats has any right to. Of course, this is Tad Williams, who forced the publishing industry to invent a new binding system because his audiobooks were so long and epic, so that should come as no surprise.
It is probably time for me to listen to this audiobook again, but, being the cat lover that I am, I’m fairly certain I will find it just as wonderful now as I did when I was a teenager. So expect an Epic Fantasy about cats and you won’t leave disappointed.
I recommend the story but not really the audio version. The reader’s voice wasn’t the best fit but for an unknown audiobook.
I didn’t feel like he was able to give the different characters much individuality. In fact, the vast majority of the characters simply used his natural speaking voice.
As it was, I think he only really used three “voices” throughout the entire book: his speaking voice, a snooty aristocratic voice for bad guys, and a slightly higher voice for females.
Listen & download free
You may love to listen to all stories in Tad Williams audiobooks collection:
- 1985 – Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook
- 1988 – Child of an Ancient City Audiobook
- 1988 – The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook
- 1990 – Stone of Farewell Audiobook
- 1993a – To Green Angel Tower Audiobook
- 1993b – Caliban’s Hour Audiobook
- 1996 – City of Golden Shadow Audiobook
- 1998 – River of Blue Fire Audiobook
- 1998 – The Burning Man Audiobook
- 1999 – Mountain of Black Glass Audiobook
- 2001 – Sea of Silver Light Audiobook
- 2002 – The War of the Flowers Audiobook
- 2003 – The Happiest Dead Boy in the World Audiobook
- 2003 – The Scent of Trumpets, the Voices of Smoke Audiobook
- 2004 – Shadowmarch Audiobook
- 2007 – Shadowplay Audiobook
- 2007 – The Stranger’s Hands Audiobook
- 2009 – A Stark and Wormy Knight Audiobook
- 2009 – Ants Audiobook
- 2009 – The Lamentably Comical Tragedy Audiobook
- 2009 – The Tenth Muse Audiobook
- 2010 – And Ministers of Grace Audiobook
- 2010a – Shadowrise Audiobook
- 2010b – Shadowheart Audiobook
- 2012 – Every Fuzzy Beast of the Earth, Every Pink Fowl of the Air Audiobook
- 2012 – The Dirty Streets of Heaven Audiobook
- 2013 – Happy Hour in Hell Audiobook
- 2013 – The Boy Detective of Oz: An Otherland Story Audiobook
- 2013 – The Old Scale Game Audiobook
- 2014 – Sleeping Late on Judgement Day Audiobook
- 2014 – Strong Medicine Audiobook
- 2014 – Three Lilies and Three Leopards Audiobook
- 2017 – The Heart of What Was Lost Audiobook
- 2017 – The Witchwood Crown Audiobook
Tailchaser’s Song by Tad Williams is now available in audible format, mp3 is more than 18 hours long, yet the narration by Alex Kydd, is so enticing that you get hooked instantly, and keeps you up at night listening!
Narrated by: Alex Kydd
Length: 13 hrs and 18 mins
Categories: Children’s Audiobooks, Animals & Nature
Don’t waste your time, click here to listen and download Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook free by Tad Williams right now: