The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook Streaming Online & Download Free
The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook is a fantasy novel by American writer Tad Williams. It’s the first volume in an epic fantasy trilogy filled with warfare, magic, and wonder – Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn.
With The Dragonbone Chair, Tad Williams introduced readers to the incredible fantasy world of Osten Ard. His beloved, internationally bestselling series Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn inspired a generation of modern fantasy writers, including George R.R.
An entertaining story, a fantasy tour de force, a treasure trove of reading for anyone who has ever wished to discover a world as rich and complex as Middle Earth and characters as memorable as any in the tales of King Arthur. Highly recommended!
The story takes place on the fictional fantasy world of Osten Ard. The history of the world and the races present in Osten Ard have a great impact on the current events in the books.
A war fueled by the powers of dark sorcery is about to engulf the peaceful land of Osten Ard – for Prester John, the High King, lies dying. And with his death, the Storm King, the undead ruler of the elf-like Sithi, seizes the chance to regain his lost realm through a pact with the newly ascended king.
Knowing the consequences of this bargain, the king’s younger brother joins with a small, scattered group of scholars, the League of the Scroll, to confront the true danger threatening Osten Ard.
Simon, a kitchen boy from the royal castle unknowingly apprenticed to a member of this League, will be sent on a quest that offers the only hope of salvation, a deadly riddle concerning long-lost swords of power.
Compelled by fate and perilous magics, he must leave the only home he’s ever known and face enemies more terrifying than Osten Ard has ever seen, even as the land itself begins to die.
About the Author
Tad Williams is an American fantasy and science fiction writer. His genre-creating (and genre-busting) books have sold tens of millions worldwide, in twenty-five languages.
He is the author of the multivolume Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series, Otherland series, and Shadowmarch series as well as the standalone audiobooks Tailchaser’s Song and The War of the Flowers.
Tad Williams has held more jobs than any sane person should admit to – singing in a band, selling shoes, managing a financial institution, throwing newspapers, and designing military manuals, to name just a few.
The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook mp3 is one of the seminal works of epic fantasy which made the genre what it is today. An example to modern writers of what can be done within the span of a trilogy, where the writer actually finishes the last book even if it takes him a couple of extra years.
If you have the patience to master this piece of work you’ll find it an extremely rewarding experience. It is a slow burner, especially the first third of the audiobook, but once the simmer turns into a boil there’s no stopping the story.
The brilliant thing about Tad Williams is that he rises above the cliches to create a story that is more original and less predictable than it should be. The world of Osten Ard is detailed and very real, and the characters even more so. The cast of characters is very large, yet somehow easy to keep track of.
This is a beautiful series, one of the handfuls of fantasy masterpieces, and this audiobook is everything I could have hoped for.
I think the narrator does a fantastic job of infusing character and suspense, thought and action, truly bringing the story to life. Andrew Wincott has a great voice and his different voices and accents were just what was needed. He each character their own voice as well as accent even.
Listen & download free
You may love to listen to all stories in Tad Williams audiobooks collection:
- 1985 – Tailchaser’s Song Audiobook
- 1988 – Child of an Ancient City Audiobook
- 1988 – The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook
- 1990 – Stone of Farewell Audiobook
- 1993a – To Green Angel Tower Audiobook
- 1993b – Caliban’s Hour Audiobook
- 1996 – City of Golden Shadow Audiobook
- 1998 – River of Blue Fire Audiobook
- 1998 – The Burning Man Audiobook
- 1999 – Mountain of Black Glass Audiobook
- 2001 – Sea of Silver Light Audiobook
- 2002 – The War of the Flowers Audiobook
- 2003 – The Happiest Dead Boy in the World Audiobook
- 2003 – The Scent of Trumpets, the Voices of Smoke Audiobook
- 2004 – Shadowmarch Audiobook
- 2007 – Shadowplay Audiobook
- 2007 – The Stranger’s Hands Audiobook
- 2009 – A Stark and Wormy Knight Audiobook
- 2009 – Ants Audiobook
- 2009 – The Lamentably Comical Tragedy Audiobook
- 2009 – The Tenth Muse Audiobook
- 2010 – And Ministers of Grace Audiobook
- 2010a – Shadowrise Audiobook
- 2010b – Shadowheart Audiobook
- 2012 – Every Fuzzy Beast of the Earth, Every Pink Fowl of the Air Audiobook
- 2012 – The Dirty Streets of Heaven Audiobook
- 2013 – Happy Hour in Hell Audiobook
- 2013 – The Boy Detective of Oz: An Otherland Story Audiobook
- 2013 – The Old Scale Game Audiobook
- 2014 – Sleeping Late on Judgement Day Audiobook
- 2014 – Strong Medicine Audiobook
- 2014 – Three Lilies and Three Leopards Audiobook
- 2017 – The Heart of What Was Lost Audiobook
- 2017 – The Witchwood Crown Audiobook
The Dragonbone Chair by Tad Williams is now available in audible format, mp3 is more than 33 hours long, yet the narration by Andrew Wincott, is so enticing that you get hooked instantly, and keeps you up at night listening!
Narrated by: Andrew Wincott
Series: Memory, Sorrow & Thorn, Book 1
Length: 33 hrs and 12 mins
Categories: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Fantasy
Don’t waste your time, click here to listen and download Memory, Sorrow and Thorn: The Dragonbone Chair Audiobook free by Tad Williams right now: